The Ultimate Guide to Quit Chewing Tobacco: Revealing the Best Nicotine Replacement Therapy Products & How They Work
'Dhumrapan Se Mitti Ka Kaam, Dheere Dheere Deh Ko Khaam.'
(Tobacco acts like soil, slowly eating away the body)
The seemingly innocuous habit of chewing tobacco has become a worrisome trend in India. What was once an integral part of rituals and hospitality has become a serious public health issue with far-reaching consequences. Most people who chew tobacco have thought of quitting at some point. But how do you get started? Which product can help you best? This guide will cover the available quit-chewing tobacco products, how they work, and how to approach quitting tobacco. Check it out.
How to Approach Quitting Tobacco
Chewing tobacco comes in various forms, such as gutkha, khaini, zarda, and pan masala. It typically contains a mix of tobacco, slaked lime, and areca nut, with added flavourings and spices.Before you embark on quitting chewing tobacco, the first thing to do is keep the expectations aligned with reality. Much as we would like to wake up one morning free from our tobacco habits, it is harder to achieve that in reality. Quitting tobacco is a gradual lifestyle change and understanding that will increase the chances of success.
What Is The Best Strategy To Quit Chewing Tobacco?
- Quitting tobacco can feel overwhelming, but the first step is to set a quit date and stick to it. While quitting cold turkey is an option, it may not be the best fit for everyone. Here’re our two cents on how to quit chewing tobacco smoothly.
- Consider Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) products to help manage cravings and reduce withdrawal symptoms. It works on the principle of providing calibrated forms of nicotine to reduce tobacco dependence. Identify your triggers and develop coping mechanisms to manage them.
- Seek support from loved ones, your fan base, and consider joining a support group or a quit smoking group to match the vibe of quitting.
How NRT Products Help In Quitting Tobacco
NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) or quit tobacco products are available in many forms, such as nicotine gums, patches, lozenges, inhalers, and sprays. They help manage cravings and reduce withdrawal symptoms. There is no one glove that fits all. While some people find nicotine gums discreet and convenient to quit chewing tobacco, for others, nicotine patches work out a better choice.
NRT products work by delivering small amounts of nicotine to the body, helping curb cravings and reducing the intensity of withdrawal symptoms. Here are some ways in which different NRT products work :
- Nicotine patches are placed on the skin. They release nicotine which is absorbed through the skin, helping manage daily cravings.
- Nicotine gums and lozenges allow direct absorption of nicotine into the bloodstream through the mouth, providing quick relief for sudden cravings and for those who chew tobacco.
- Nicotine inhalers and sprays deliver nicotine through the mouth and nose, respectively, and are helpful for those who miss the hand-to-mouth action of smoking.
Nicotine Gums-Most Popular NRT Product For Quitting Tobacco
Nicotine gums are a popular form of nicotine replacement product. They come in various flavours and strengths, making finding the right option for your needs easy. Chewing nicotine gum correctly is essential, as it affects the nicotine absorption rate and, ultimately, success with NRT. They are most effective when used in combination with a quit-tobacco program.
Nicotine Replacement Products For Quitting Tobacco: Dosage & Consumption
Consulting a doctor before starting any form of NRT is crucial. The dosage and duration of NRT vary based on the individual’s level of tobacco dependence and chewing habits. It’s essential to follow the instructions provided with the product. Remember, quitting tobacco is a journey, and it’s essential to be patient and persistent.
RYZE nicotine replacement gum is a game changer in quitting chewing tobacco. Here’s why:
| RYZE nicotine gums are better than other gums and the perfect option to quit chewing tobacco because:
We understand the urge to consume tobacco, but quitting is the best decision you can make for your health. It’s vital to recognise the dangers of chewing tobacco and take steps to break free from the habit. The struggle to quit and having setbacks are part of the process, but it’s important to keep trying. Seek support from your loved ones, healthcare professionals, and support groups. With the right approach, you can quit chewing tobacco and improve your health and well-being. Good luck!